The first GG2/EE Power 101 list was released at the glittering GG2 Leadership Awards 2011.
Deputy Prime Minister Nick Clegg and Ramniklal Solanki CBE, the Asian Media & Marketing Group’s (AMG) editor in chief which produces both GG2 and EE, launched the much-anticipated publication with great fanfare in front of a star-studded and high powered audience, including some of those featured in the GG2 101 Power List.
The 56-page glossy features the 101 most influential Asians in the UK, including well-known figures from the world of politics, the arts, high society and sport. Among those in the list are powerful politicians, Sayeeda Warsi and Keith Vaz, creative talents Meera Syal and Sanjeev Bhaskar, actors Archie Panjabi and Nina Wadia and sporting figures Amir Khan and Ravi Bopara.
The top five (in descending order) are Lakshmi Mittal, Baroness Sayeeda Warsi, Keith Vaz, Gopichand and Srichand Hinduja, and Sir Suma Chakrabarti. For the top 20, see below.
Exclusive copies of the GG2 Power 101 were handed out to more than 800 guests at the GG2 Leadership Awards dinner. You can order a copy for £25 by contacting Saurin.Shah@amg.biz
GG2/EE POWER 101 – TOP 20.
1. Lakshmi Mittal
2. Baroness Sayeeda Warsi
3. Keith Vaz MP
4. GP and SP Hinduja
5. Sir Suma Chakrabarti
6. Anish Kapoor
7. Anshu Jain
8. Shami Chakrabarti
9. Rabinder Singh QC
10. Chris Rajendran Hyman
11. Kishore Lulla
12. Lord Navnit Dholakia
13. Rakesh Kapoor
14. Meera Syal and Sanjeev Bhaskar
15. George Alagiah
16. Amir Khan
17. Lord Swraj Paul
18. Anwar Pervez
19. Archie Panjabi
20. Venkataraman Ramakrishnan
NOTES FOR EDITORS
1. Eastern Eye is Britain’s best-selling Asian weekly and covers issues of interest to British-born and immigrant Indian, Pakistani, Bangladeshi, Sri Lankan diaspora and mixed race communities.
2. GG2 is the English section of Garavi Gujarat, an award-winning international news weekly title serving the Asian community in Britain for more than 40 years. It also has a US edition that is more than 10 years old.
3. The GG2 Leadership Awards are in their 13th year, and recognise ethnic achievement among Britain’s many non-white minority ethnic communities.
4. The Asian Media & Marketing Group (AMG) are Britain’s largest Asian publishing house, producing a number of market leading consumer and business titles.
5. In addition to GG2 and EE, AMG also publishes Asian Trader, Pharmacy Business, and Asian Hospitality and AAHOA Lodging Business in the US.